Thursday, December 23, 2010

~ Calls from Gladys ~

Months after Gladys memorized my mobile number, she finally tried calling me from bbil's place while I was at work. This is exactly what happened when Denver memorized our numbers when he was 4. Back then, he will call me almost everyday to say that he misses me. Now, Gladys calls me every alternate day to tell me that she finishes her writings or waiting for me to return home to have dinner together instead.

The primary reason for the children to remember our mobile numbers and home address is to make sure they know who to call during emergency. I still recall Denver got lost near Carrefour at Plaza Singapura when he was 4 or 5 and Hubby got a call from the customer counter shortly as Denver gave them his number (even though he was crying badly already). That proves to be really helpful.

At times, the children abuses the calls and makes it very disturbing especially when I am busy at work. However, hearing their voices at the other end of the line can also be heartwarming and therapeutic from our hectic schedule. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment