Wednesday, July 08, 2009

~ Hearing Aid ~

Took Dad to collect his hearing aid at TTSH today. We were there early by half hour from his appointment time and waited outside the room. Chit chatted with Dad and he was asking me how was Denver's arm now. I told him he is fine and I will bring Denver to visit this Sunday as I have missed bringing the kids over for the past 2 weeks.

We were later called in where Dad tried on his new hearing aid. :) He seems very excited about it and tells me that he can hear much better now. There was a lot of information to learn about on how to maintain and manage the new device. Dad was very anxious and asked many questions like if it is battery operated.. how to change the battery.. how to maintain it.. etc. I noted all the instructions given and translated it to Dad.

It was raining very heavily when we left the ENT clinic. We took a cab home and I explained all the details on using and maintaining the hearing aid to Dad before heading back home to work. It will take about 3-5 weeks for Dad to get use to the device and hopefully this will help to bring him more happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment