Monday, August 16, 2010

~ A Need to Recharge! ~

The month of August has been really happening and tiring so far. We celebrated Singapore's National Day, watched the opening ceremony of the Youth Olympics Games, saw a lot of fireworks, went to the Singapore Zoo, Gladys' school was closed for 10 days due to HFMD with the news appearing on Media, Denver had persistent high fever last week which burns out my energy, attended birthday parties and the list goes on.

I can't believe it's only mid of August and so many things have happened. I haven't had much sleep lately and really closing my eyes on doing the housework. After taking care of Denver for the past few nights, I thought I can finally enjoy a rejuvenating, peaceful, good night rest only to realize I got paged early this morning at 5am to check on an emergency case.

I felt so lethargic at work and started to develop headaches. Plus, my work didn't end after 5pm. Since Denver has been missing in action from school last week, he got lots of homework today. I spent quite a fair bit of time going through his work, read bedtime stories with Gladys, finish up the laundry before I can finally rest on my cosy bed.

Tomorrow it's going to be full day meetings and I need to recharge my batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment