Saturday, December 01, 2007

~ Hello Tuas ~

It's been a week since I started working in Tuas... Still getting used to the travelling time. Now I am waking up at 545am, and leaving house at 630am. It's almost 2 hours of travelling time to and fro... Instead of reaching my bro-in-law's house at 6pm... I am reaching about half hour later.

I am located on the 3rd storey of the new General Services Building (GSB). Everything is very new.. cubicles, chair, pantry, toilet...... The staff canteen is also located downstair. However, the smell is killing... I had a terrible headache on the very first day. Even my clothes stink.. :( My other colleagues are also complaining about the strong scent.

I had a difficult time adjusting... due to the long journey and also not feeling working as efficient in the new environment. We are very restricted in the time to go work, have lunch and leaving. In the morning, all of us are busy catching the company bus transport at 750am/810am... At noon, we have to go lunch on time if not there may not be many variety of food to choose from... Around 4 plus, you can see people start packing up to catch the 430pm/505pm/515pm bus. It's really a very different feeling and life style working in the city and now in a very remote, distance area.

Ah well.... I am going for a 5 days, 4 nights Malaysia Trip with my family tomorrow. Hope all goes well and everyone had fun. Shall be back on 6 Dec night! More pictures to come... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment