Monday, August 17, 2009

~ Hives (FengMo) ~

After battling a tough week, I thought things would be better... However, on Sunday afternoon, I discovered red spots on Gladys' body. By evening, the blotches of red patch increased in size and started to spread on her body, thighs and part of her upper arm. Gosh! Is it an allergy attack?

I panic for awhile...not knowing what to do. Feeling a bit upset too. Why all the wrong things came at the wrong time. I quickly packed my stuff and brought the children over to my inlaws place to be 'access' by them. My mil wasn't feeling well as she lost her voice. They felt that it should be due to an allergy from the medicine but I wasn't too sure about it... Bought dinner for the kids and I had their left overs.. by late night, I show mil Gladys' red patches and she says it should be rashes and we'll check the next morning again.

This morning I woke up early and the red blotches has spreaded further... Asked my mil to check again and she confirms that its Feng(1) Mo(4) or "Hives". Told me not to worry as they'll wash her with either rice wine or lemon grass water to get rid of the dirty stuff.
It was really depressing to see Gladys covered with the unsightly red patches.. but I guess there's nothing much I can do for now. After all the commotion, I was running late for work.. end up wfh today.. Sighz...

The good thing is by evening, Gladys' spots didn't spread further and it is controlled. Somehow the lemon grass water really helps. We'll have to take care of her these few days to make sure she is well. She still have a bit of cough and flu still.. Hopefully all will be good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment