Thursday, September 24, 2009

~ Loan Shark!! ~

Sometimes I wonder if things are destined to somehow happen at the 'right' time, at the 'right' moment where you have least expected..

I took the children back home for a nice Hari Raya weekend and went back to my sil's house with the kids on a rainy Monday evening. That very night - near midnight, I realised I wore the wrong shoes back for work!! So, I woke up at 5am on Tuesday morning, took one of the earliest LRT back home and I'm in for a shock of my life!

Fresh, wet black paint was poured on my house door and gate by the loan shark! I had a look at the wall.. "O$P$ .. #xx-xxx" It was actually directed at my neighbours unit. They were already being harassed for the past 2 months with paint being poured 2-3 times, gate being locked etc. It kinda tone down after they cover a plastic sheet over their gate and had a video camera setup. The runners must have pour it over at my unit to add pressure to my neighbour..

I was upset seeing the messy state... :( I called Hubby who is still in Manila and contacted the Police. Waited 20 mins before the police came to take photos and record my statement. The only thing they can do is to ask us to watch out for suspicious characters and they will increase the patrol in our area.. They also got a cleaner to help me clean up the area... It took us about 1 hour to get the paint off.. Luckily I have some thinner at home.

My neighbour came shortly to apologise for the inconveniences that was caused.. We have been neighbours for almost 6 years and everything have been peaceful. I guess there's really nothing much that can be done since they mention no one in the family borrowed money. They helped me put up a plastic cover over my gate in case the runners came to disturb my house again, the damage will be minimal. The other neighbours sympathize my current state especially since I have to face it alone with Hubby's absence.

I was worried and scared for the rest of the day.. wondering the safety and when will the trouble-makers come again. Looking on the bright side.. maybe it's a blessing that I wore the wrong shoes back which have led me to go home earlier to face the disaster so as to clean it up while the paint was still wet. The kids were also not there to face it directly also.

I kept the matter from the rest of the family members.. not wanting to worry my inlaws. It was weird to pretend nothing had happen when I went back to my sil's in the evening. My mind can't help worrying if things are well back home... still I have to seek comfort and build my strength to accept the fact and working with the rest of my neighbours to keep me informed if there are trouble arising again. At least all my neighbours are helpful and I hope peace will be restored soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment