Saturday, November 21, 2009

~ Last Day of School ~


Denver has enjoyed the party in school today... his final day with Nativity. Yesterday, he brought back a sheet of paper with some of his friends' phone contacts. (Of course he gave my mobile contacts to his friends as well). Later that evening, I started to receive calls from his friend - Jordan. This morning, I also received another call from another friend of his. Denver, not losing out also started calling Emmanuel and Ivan as well. I do not remember making calls to friends until higher Primary. I guess that is how kids are behaving nowadays.

Apart from that, I also got the assessments Denver did during Term 4. He drew a few drawings which I personally thought was good. (Given the fact that he did not go for any art lessons and does not display much interest in art).


The other thing which amused me was his write ups on a few topics. "Note to God", "Dolphins", "My family".. I like the ones he wrote on "My Daddy" and "My Mummy". Apart from the spelling and grammar mistakes, I had a better understanding of what his impression of Daddy and Mummy is.

"My Daddy - My daddy is tall and fat. He is very fierce when I do something wrong. My father likes to watch Chinese drama. When he is busy he do his work on the computer. He likes to jog with me. My father has not much money left. He likes to watch his show. I love my daddy."

"My Mummy - My mummy goes to work. She is tall and slim. My mother likes to jog with me. She likes to tickle me. Every Wednesday, she have meeting. She has less money. I love my mummy".

Wow.. I'm tall & slim? Hahahah. Very simple and short paragraph but this is how he felt about Daddy & Mummy. Always busy with work everyday and I'm sorry to say.. due to my reporting structure to the U.S, I have night teleconferences very often and sometimes it can even go up to 3-4 times in a week. The other common thing he mentioned was we are not rich. Well, I guess this started some time back whenever he wanted to buy something, we often tell him that we have to save up. Daddy & Mummy is working very hard to earn that extra cash and so we need to think of how we are spending the dollars and cents wisely. Since then, he has rarely ask us for toys and the only thing that we are probably spending more on him is FOOD. Hopefully, when he goes to Primary 1 next year, he will spend and save wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment