Saturday, August 01, 2009

~ Sushi ~

I have always love Japanese food and so have been thinking of making my own sushi. As the Japanese rice (short-grain) is more expensive and I'm not exactly sure how long my determination will last, I made my first sushi using normal long-grain rice and minimal materials.

Finding whatever is left in the fridge, I took carrot, crabmeat and hotdog. Cooked my rice, added the seasoned vinegar and started rolling using my bare hands.. (I didn't even buy a bamboo mat to help me with it.)



Here's how it looks after my 1st attempt. Presentation: OK, but the Taste: Blend.

I made another attempt the following day. This time with Carrot, Luncheon meat, Crabmeat and Egg. I guess the thing with rolling a sushi w/o a bamboo mat is the ingredients is not tightly squeezed with the rice. I can still see gaps in between. In terms of taste, definitely much better than my 1st attempt. Still, it's not good enough. Probably I'll try Tuna, cucumber or mayo next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment