Saturday, October 31, 2009

~ Gladys' Nursery School Orientation ~

It seems like yesterday when Denver just got into Nursery.... now it's Gladys' turn and her Gor Gor is graduating. Today I took Gladys to Nativity for her orientation while Hubby send Denver to his swimming lesson. This surely does not make Gladys happy. She cried immediately when we got down from the car and I have to grab her into her classroom (Patience A) for registration. :(


Coincidentally, it was Mrs Wee (Denver's Nursery Teacher). Gladys is still very upset and I am hoping she will not have the same sobbing situation like her brother when she starts school next year. (Getting kinda worried). I hope she will like school and won't cause too much trouble. (crossing my fingers).


After making payments for her school fees ($430 + $200 misc), I took her out to purchase her uniform and P.E attire. Gladys was very cranky and refuse to co-operate with me. -__- She will attempt to take out her uniform when I let her try the different sizes. The other children were so quiet and I think the other parents are thinking what's wrong with her.. Argghh..

It took her some time before she settled down.. I took her to the toilet and let her familiar with the school environment.. Then I proceed to register her for the school bus services. Price increased again from $220 to $260 per term due to the compulsory seat belts arrangement.


I wanted to attend the talk on getting your child ready for school. However, Gladys refuse to sit in as she wants to go Swimming. She finally waited for Daddy to arrive and happily got on the car. I really hope she will likes school and enjoys it the next time she comes.


Later in the afternoon was travelling down to another new mall in the north. Yew Tee Point. Hubby heard of this over a FM933 advertisement a few days ago and we decided to make our way down to see how it is. Final Verdict - DISAPPOINTMENT!! It is a small neighbourhood mall with 2 floors. (Comparable to Rivervale Plaza). I guess it serves well for the residents nearby as an additional and alternative shopping area. However, we probably will not make our trip all the way down again as it is simply too far and there isn't many shops within.

The good thing is the children get to have free popcorns and candy floss as today is YewTee Point's official opening ceremony. We also bought some food with the coupons in the booklet. To make our trip fully worthwhile, we also change some Singapore dollars to Pesos for our Manila-Cebu trip next month. :D

Evening was dinner with my inlaws and bsil's family. It will be my mil's birthday soon and we are celebrating it earlier since Hubby is going to Manila to work again next week. We were halfway through our dinner at a coffeeshop in Hougang when the rain starts to pour! Thunder and Lightning makes Gladys really scared...The wind was sooo strong that it carries the rain in making our food and shirts wet. We have to shift our seats and food to another table within to avoid the rain.

With this kind of weather, it is nice to be back home.. Cooling wind and sleeping well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment