Wednesday, November 14, 2007

~ Dry run to Tuas ~

545am - Rinnnngggggg. Woke up to a very cold, windy, rainy morning. Today it's the day we have our dry try to Tuas from our home before the official move on 26th Nov. However, I guess it is going to be a 'wet' run instead..

630am - All ready and set to go... We send Denver and Gladys to my bro-in-laws place first.

640am - Hubby drove me to Yio Chu Kang MRT.

655am - Arrived at the station and got on the train. I believe I am rather early and there are many empty seats. It's been many years since I last took the North South bound train. I used to take it often to go to Kranji during my University attachment at the Singapore Turf Club. Got the chance to see the horses, trainers, chiller rooms, computer rooms, control station, ticketing area and even the VIP rooms where you can get a bird's eye view at the whole race course! Those were the days.. how times flies..

735am - Arrived at Jurong East station. Hmmm.. hungry.. I did not have my breakfast in the morning. Since I am still early, I bought myself a Big bun to eat.. :) Manage to meet up with Nicole, Cat and the others as we make our way to the bus pickup point.

820am - There are so many buses gathering along the road busy picking up the people to their respective work place. Like Creative, Hitachi etc. Our company bus was suppose to arrive at 810am. It was late by 10 mins..probably due to the heavy rain and morning peak hours.

850am - Finally, we reached the Tuas plant. Some of us were hungry.. and quickly headed towards the canteen. There are free coffee, tea, milo and toast! I had a second serving of my breakfast with a cup of milo and toast with kaya... :) I guess my bun has already digested along with the bus ride to the plant..

910am - Meeting starts....

1205pm - Break for lunch. We headed to the canteen for our free lunch.. There are rice, western food and noodles to choose from. I wanted to try the western food.. but was told that we have to wait for another 20mins... :( I queued for the chinese food instead.. had rice with fish and vege, salad, 1 drink and watermelon. Supposed to cost me only $2! I guess I can save up on my future meals... since it is subsidized.

110pm - Safety tour around Tuas to see where are the muster (assembly) points in case of emergency.

130pm - Headed back to Concourse. Woke up early in the morning and after a heavy lunch, most of us were very tired and slept on our journey back.

230pm - Back in Concourse office and starts to work!

505pm - Going home! YEAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment