Thursday, January 01, 2009

~ Happy New Year 2009 ~

Happy New Year!!!



Denver says he wanted to see the fireworks this year.. He has missed it last year and many times... so hubby and I tried waking him up half hour before midnight.. It really took us quite some time before he finally open his eyes. Hubby stayed home to look after Gladys in case she woke up while I took Denver downstairs. He was still sleepy and was shivering. Although it was near midnight, there are still many people waiting for the countdown and of course the fireworks.

Denver took awhile before he starts to warm up. He looks a bit bored but was amazed by the crowd. The organizers were giving out poppers and we managed to stand near where the fireworks are.

Less than a minute to 2009!! We started to countdown.. 15, 14, 13, 12... Denver also joined in the shouting.. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM!!!!

The loud BOOM from the fireworks and everyone started popping their poppers.. POP POP POP!! I think it was too loud for Denver and he seems to be shocked! Maybe we shouldn't have stand so near.. My mistake... The fireworks was really bright and the noise was too loud for Denver.. I had to make a few steps back but was block by the crowd behind.. But the view was really BEAUTIFUL and SPECTACULAR! Red, Blue, Yellow, Green... See link below for the full capture. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC94gRXGq5I

Finally the 3 minutes fireworks display was over.. I asked Denver if he likes it.. He said yes.. but it was too loud for him. He closed his eyes a couple of times as I think he felt the fireworks is falling on him. We headed back home and he asked.. "Mummy, can I play with the sparklers next time?" I knew he wanted to play with them.. I'll probably get some for him for the Chinese New Year. :)

Anyway, it was an experience for him... and I hope he really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment