4 slices of sliced cheddar cheese
1 tbsp double action baking powder
1. Whip the eggs and sugar together till the sugar dissolved and slightly thicken
2. Cook cheese, milk and butter over double boiler until cheese melted.
3. Add the melted mixture into the whipped sugar and eggs.
4. Fold the sieved flour into the mixture until it is well-blended.
5. Pour into a greased and lined 20cm round mould. (I only have a square one)
6. Steam for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
7. Spread a thin layer of butter on top of the cake and place some grated cheddar cheese on top.
It took me awhile to whip the eggs and sugar while the children gather around me noising me that they want to help too. In the messy situation, I also forgotten to sieve the flour and line my tin. Arghhh..
Luckily the cake rises pretty well.. before I get to set the cake aside to cool, the children gather again for a round of smell test. Sniff sniff.. MMMM... Smell Nice. :) They couldn't wait to eat!
Actually there are cracks and the cake breaks as I cut it. Still, the children didn't mind it at all and they pick up the bits and pieces and put it in their mouth.
Each of us has a piece of cake for our tea break with extra cheese toppings. Hubby says its too sweet for his liking but the children seems to like it. Denver finished it all and Gladys 90% of it.
Extra slices of cheese toppings for the children.
We still have some left over cakes for tomorrow. Breakfast anyone?